My booksMy fictionMy filmsTwitter

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

[incoherent mumbling]

So, what the hell does Bill Murray whisper into Scarlett Johansson's lovely ear at the end of the sublime Lost In Translation? Sofia Coppola claims that there was an actual bit of dialogue written for that particular scene, but that she prefered it like it is now, private between Bob and Charlotte. If you turn on the subtitiles on the DVD of the film, all you get is [incoherent mumbling], which, obviously, just won't do.

I wanna know, I wanna know, I wanna know, dammit!

So here are my guesses:
  • "Did you remember to turn off the oven?"
  • "Wanna play my daughter in Stripes 2?"
  • "Can I have my pink wig back?"
  • "Say, you remember that first shot in the movie? The ass in the see-through panties? Is that really you, because HOT DAMN!"
  • "Lip my stockings, bitch!"
  • "You should really try Suntory Time Whiskey, it's quitte good. Plus, I got shares."
  • "Fuck, sorry, I thought you were that cute Anna Faris kid - you know, your husbands groupy/sextoy? She's hot! Buhbye."
And my personal favourite ...
  • "Badger badger badger .. mushroom mushroom."
Hmm, perhaps it's better if this mystery remains just that.

Cheers

14 Comments:

Blogger The Snakehead said...

No! You are so totally wrong.

He said, "sorry again I forgot to bring my little blue pills with me this entire trip."

8:01 pm  
Blogger Martin said...

You're not dissing Bill Murray, are you? Tell me you're not dissing Bill Murray!

Because he da man!

Yeah!

Cheers

8:09 pm  
Blogger The Snakehead said...

No, of course not! I'm just dissing Bob.

8:30 pm  
Blogger Martin said...

Ah, well, in that case ..

.. eat shit and die!!

Ahem.

Cheers

8:35 pm  
Blogger The Snakehead said...

Uh oh...

I've enraged the walking green man. Now he's gonna stab me to death with his tongue.

9:00 pm  
Blogger Martin said...

You been talking to my girlfriend again?

Cheers

11:07 pm  
Blogger The Snakehead said...

Dude, I've been seeing your girlfriend on and off for 25 years now.

You know that thing she does with her tongue? Yeah, I taught her that.

Nice, huh?

12:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna Faris was in May, which was an awesome movie. Angela Bettis was brilliant in it.

So obviously what Bill Murray said was, "Something's riding high in my crack, I think I'm still wearing your panties."

12:18 am  
Blogger Martin said...

Snake - that was you?! Damn! Thanks, mate!

Pearce - that would explain the rather awkward smile, yes.

Cheers

12:29 am  
Blogger Martin said...

I hated The Life Aquatic myself, but Lost In Translation is enough to call him awesome in my book.

Cheers

2:46 am  
Blogger Martin said...

Very funny game, but do tell - why on earth did you think of me?

Cheers

11:55 pm  
Blogger The Snakehead said...

coz you're a total pervert!!!

Duh!!

1:03 am  
Blogger Martin said...

Oh, yeah, right.

Forgot about that.

Cheers

1:08 am  
Blogger The Snakehead said...

Still can't post?

5:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home