My booksMy fictionMy filmsTwitter

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Beetle Juice

Remember the classic Volkswagen Beetle? I never owned one, myself (I always prefered the Mini, and still do, to be honest), but it's an iconic car, and gorgeous to boot. To refresh your memory, it looked like this:

VW Beetle

Gorgeous, no?

Anyway, a few years back, Volkswagen came up with the luminescent idea to revamp their iconic Beetle. Okay, fair enough, if done right this could work out (just look at the New Mini). But it wasn't done right, not even close. They messed it up, and they messed it up bigtime. What they came up with was this:

New Beetle

Yeah, I know, hideous.

But, while browsing the web recently, I stumbled upon something rather interesting. It seems that Volkswagen finally understood that no one, in their right minds, would ever want to drive that New Beetle, so they updated it, slightly. Now, I don't know whether or not this version of the New Beetle will ever be taken into production (I certainly hope so), but even if not, it looks damn good! Lo and behold, the New Beetle Ragster:

Ragster


Ragster


Ragster

Now that is one hell of a nice car.

But, rest assured, when my next birthday is due, I won't expect you to buy me one, I'm simply not that greedy. Deep down inside I'm a pretty good guy. Decent. Modest.

I want one of these:


Hear me roar!

Cheers

4 Comments:

Blogger The Snakehead said...

Are you serious?

The chrome wheel and the flat top makes the new beatle looks, how can I put in a way it won't hurt your feelings, UNBELIEVABLY HIDEOUS!!!!!!!!

Whew, now that felt good!
;-P

7:41 pm  
Blogger The Snakehead said...

Are you gonna hit me with your tongue now?

7:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...nothing about the new beetle is redeeming.

5:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://eekshop.com
Now you've read this article,because of this what is most likely the at the outset point?

8:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home