My booksMy fictionMy filmsTwitter

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Bløf.

Last night I went to see the best band our little country has to offer, a band going by the name of Bløf (a word most of you won't even be able to pronounce, I assume), and man do these guys put on an awesome show. I've always loved their music, but after seeing them live like this (oddly enough, for the first time), I'm an even bigger fan. The lightshow, the atmosphere, our seats, and of course the music, were all spot-on perfect.

The opening act kinda sucked, though. Also a Dutch band, called Rosemary's Sons, and, well, it was quite clear why they were the opening act, and Bløf the main act.

Still, the night was brilliant, as was the company.

Cheers

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are they really the best your country has to offer? I've never heard any of their songs, so I can't judge, but still... Seems a bit stiff. :P

7:25 pm  
Blogger Martin said...

I really do think so, yes, but I'm biased, because .. well .. I like 'em a lot.

Cheers

9:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

blof were at my birthday party. And Rosemary's Sons ARE good. Have seen them live in Breda quite some time ago. It's just that some bands don't come off rightly at larger stages. so...

10:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

e.de.p

10:22 pm  
Blogger Martin said...

Nope, they didn't do much for me. I still like the one hit they had, though. Called Shine, I believe.

Cheers

12:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do agree with Lies, if Blof is the best what the Neth has to offer...oh dear. Belgium has better bands in general, to be honest. Though I must admit, Kane is becoming better and better too, won't buy their cd's but still, at least I won't turn off the radio when they're on. And the Sheer's good too and also a band called Second Place Driver... Right.. But still no dEUS, Millionaire, Arid, Soulwax, Ozark Henry, Das Pop, Admiral Freebee, Zita Swoon, gosh, do you want me to continue?

12:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn, constantly forget to sign... eelienu

12:46 pm  
Blogger Martin said...

Hey, screw you, ok!

It's my blog, and I'll like 'em if I want to, like 'em if I want to, like 'em if I want to!

Cheers

8:18 pm  
Blogger nique said...

tough crowd martin.

i have no freaking clue who they are so...can't help you out mate. g'day!

11:10 pm  
Blogger Martin said...

Still, thanks for the effort, though.

Cheers

12:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the screwing offer, but no thanks.
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeline

2:57 pm  
Blogger Martin said...

You know you want it.

Cheers

1:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home