My booksMy fictionMy filmsTwitter

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Bleak house.

It is startling how quiet and empty a house becomes once you are no longer sharing it with your loved one. Yesterday, while I was reading a few chapters before bed, the silence was so overwhelming that I ended up listening to it for 15 minutes, staring at the wall.

My wife moved out yesterday.

She's gone. Turns out this isn't some elaborate practical joke or an especially vivid dream; this is bitter, harsh, uncompromising reality.

She's really gone.

6 Comments:

Blogger SBS said...

I'm very sorry.

12:58 pm  
Blogger Mr. Nauton said...

Sucks, I know.

I was left with nothing but the tv, my books, and a ratty old couch (her new one charged quickly to "our" credit card)-- and that silence.

Hang in there, try and appreciate the positive, keep moving forward... and beer helps.

5:24 pm  
Blogger Martin said...

Beer, he said, sagely. I hate beer. But thanks, mate. Appreciate it.

Besides, our separation is completely amiable. So, as far as divorces go, I got one of the better ones.

5:52 pm  
Blogger Pearce said...

God man, I'm so sorry.

8:17 am  
Blogger Pep said...

Look to the future, mate.
Best of luck.

12:48 am  
Blogger The Snakehead said...

I'm sorry.

6:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home