My booksMy fictionMy filmsTwitter

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Earthshattering silence.

One last complaint about my recent health issues, and then I'll stop whining about it. For today.

Just now, over the course of 4 measly hours, I completely lost my voice. It's gone. Not just raspy, or coarse, but gone. I can hardly even whisper. Do you have any idea how much is sucks to lose your voice when you're out with friends, being reduced to the quiet one, sulking on the sofa?

A lot. Trust me.

Cheers

5 Comments:

Blogger The Snakehead said...

Are you ok?

4:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your presence alone already meant a lot ;)
GET WELL SOON
Susan

11:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to lose my voice a lot too. When I was 15 I lost my voice and at that time, my boyfriend decided it was it was the right moment to break up with me. ;)

12:32 am  
Blogger Becky said...

Advice from the expert (I talk for a living):

Hot water with honey
OR hot water with lemon

It sounds nastier than it is, and it soothes a sore throat.

And don't even try to whisper when you've lost your voice. To your vocal chords, it's as much stress as shouting, so you're only going to make it worse.

Feel better!

4:52 pm  
Blogger Martin said...

Poe - Good riddance!

Becky - Thanks for the tips - I'm feeling a lot better now, though.

Cheers

9:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home