My booksMy fictionMy filmsTwitter

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Notes.

Acronyms.

I loathe them. ROFL, LMAO, LOL, you name 'em, I hate 'em. Call me a snob, a wanker, a purist, whatever, but I really, really don't like acronyms. I honestly, for the love of everything that is precious, do not understand why people cannot type 'Gee, you know, that was bloody funny!' or 'Hey, that made me laugh!' or something similar, instead of throwing acronyms around at the end of every other sentence.

Even typing 'Hahaha.' is better, for Christ's sake!

But seriously, replacing LOL with, brace yourself, the hopelessly trendy LAWL (!) just takes the biscuit. I mean, if (and this is (or should be) a big if) you're going to use an acronym, use the proper one!

Ahem. Rant over.

(Note: While explaining to my wife just now the definition of ROFL, she, well, she ROFL'ed. Almost literally.)

---

Speaking of laughing out loud: while having a bit of 'me'-time on the toilet yesterday, I honestly chuckled out loud from reading a caption for a picture.

This was the image:


The caption read:

"Behold, the crappest transformer."

'Crappest' may very well be my favourite of all the adjectives.

---

PETA have written Ben & Jerry's a letter suggesting that the ice cream company switch from using cow's milk in their products to using breast milk. Human breast milk.

Related: PETA has a) gone insane and b) lost all credibility.

---

Picture of the week:

Either this or this, you decide.

---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home