My booksMy fictionMy filmsTwitter

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

21st century pirates.

With the web's two largest torrent websites against the ropes (The Piratebay being sued into submission and Mininova signing its own death warrant), what's an honest pirate to do? Pay for this shit?

I think not.

The Pirate Bay, almost a full month after the (admittedly surprising) verdict, is still going strong while the brave Swedes confidently await their appeal. Mininova, only days after implementing their (surprisingly cowardly) filtering system, is already being flooded by new, innovative ways to circumvent the filter, allowing users to keep downloading their favourite Copyrighted Materials™.

I am confident that, as in the film, this will end in an epic battle, pirates and the corrupt government facing off, each on their own end of the dreaded chasm of Copyright, which exists solely to suck the freedom out of the internet ocean, and for the sake of the future of the internet, the greatest invention since time began, the pinnacle of freedom, I hope te pirates will emerge victorious.



Did I just compare the current torrent crisis to a shoddy Disney film? Yes, I did. It's my weblog and I can make as many references to shit films as I want. That right there is freedom worth fighting for.

Savvy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home