My booksMy fictionMy filmsTwitter

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

No shit, Sherlock.

About two weeks ago, as I was watching an as yet unnamed film a strange thought occured to me, which I then promptly forgot. However, just now, as I was watching monday's episode of House MD, enjoying, as I do, watching Hugh Laurie ply his trade, that particularly random thought suddenly struck me again, much like it does House himself, around the 40 minute mark of every single episode, moments before he saves the day.

Rather than spell it out, I'll work up to it.

Consider:

Gregory House is a brilliant eccentric, a maverick who does not shy away from unconventional methods, a spectacularly cynical, boorish, arrogant, rude genious of a man who is largely friendless, uses drugs and plays musical instruments. Sound familiar?

Consider:

House has a friend/colleague whom he refers to solely by his last name, Wilson. Wilson is an equally brilliant man, though considerably less eccentric and ballsy, and serves mainly as both House's fall guy and his anchor.

...

Well, fuck this. Here I am, painstakingly trying to outline my beautiful discovery of the fact that Gregory House is Sherlock Holmes when it turns out the internet is full of website pointing this out. I literally found this out just now as I was googling House for an image. I was quite proud of my discovery. Now I just feel like an oaf.

Well, damn.

Anyway, Gregory House is Sherlock Holmes. The show's creator has admitted as much. Yay.

Movin' on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home