My booksMy fictionMy filmsTwitter

Friday, October 23, 2009

Pixar is Up to something.

Ha! See what I did there? I'm witty.

Pixar has done it again. It seems the studio's only weakness is its incapability of making a bad film. Even the simplest of stories they can turn into a showcase of storytelling that has set a standard for today's films, animated or otherwise.

But blowing Pixar's horn is not what I am here for; if there's one thing they have plenty of, it's good reviews. I just wanted to note that Up's protagonist, Carl Frederickson, especially in his younger years early on in the film, looks exactly like a certain tv producer/film director/media wizard we've come to know and love.

To wit:
Does this mean we'll be getting a Pixar/Lost cross-over, because I'd love to see Sawyer grapple with Bruce, the herbivore-wannabe, anxiety riddled Australian shark or to suddenly see WALL•E silently wheeling by in he background, cleaning up all the shit these people leave behind on the island.

Or has J.J. Abrams been a computer generated person all along, existing as a figment of Pixar's imagination only?

All right, I might be reaching.

But I'm on to you, Pixar. I'm on to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home